Vision & Mission
St Gregory the Great Catholic School is called to serve the children and families of St Gregory the Great Parish
and the wider community.
We hold and teach the beliefs and practices of the Catholic Church, engage with parents, and inspire in our
children a passion for…
‘Loving and Learning’.
St Gregory the Great Catholic Primary School is called to serve the children and families of St Gregory the Great Parish, Doncaster.
In fulfilment of our mission, we at St Gregory the Great School will:
– As disciples of Jesus Christ, heed his call to be a centre of evangelisation for children and their families, encouraging them to full sacramental participation in the life of the Church which He founded.
– Willingly accept the mandate of, and directives regarding, Catholic Education from the Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne.
– Be an inseparable component of the Parish of St Gregory the Great actively bearing witness to the Catholic faith in all our activities.
– Adhere to, and teach the practices, teachings, and beliefs of the Catholic Church.
– Encourage our children to develop a loving relationship with God and encourage them to live out the Gospel values in their own lives.
– Work in partnership with parents as the primary educators of their children.
– Encourage families to be active in the life of the Parish and School.
– Implement a broad curriculum to encourage children to reach their full potential spiritually, socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically.
Provide for our children, challenging experiences tailored to:
– meet their individual needs
– encourage the development of self esteem and an awareness of their gifts
– develop a sense of responsibility and a desire to serve others
– engender a lifelong love of learning.
Without prejudice to Catholic Teachings the programs and teaching of St Gregory the Great School will support and promote the principles and practices of Australian democracy including a commitment to the elected Government, the rule of law, equal rights for all before the law, freedom of religion, freedom of speech and association and the values of openness and tolerance.
In fulfillment of this part of our mission we, at St Gregory the Great School, will prepare our children to take their place in an ever-changing society, confident of their own individuality, and accepting and respectful of the individual differences of all people.
Isn't it time we got to know each other?
Take our ONLINE VIDEO TOUR or BOOK A SCHOOL TOUR!
Meet our principal, teachers, current students, parents, learn about our curriculum opportunities and tips for a smooth start to school.
Website, graphic design, videos & photography by Digital Schools | www.digitalschools.com.au | Copyright ©2022 Digital Schools. All Rights Reserved